To provide centralized purchasing to County departments and facilitate a fair selection process for goods and services. Purchasing strives to utilize the taxpayers money in the most efficient manner by fostering competition and achieving best value for the County departments.
- Provide documentation and transparency to the Commissioners and the public about what and how Larimer County procures goods and services.
- Manage the stockless on-line Office Supply procurement program.
- Manage vendor purchasing database and price agreements
- Process electronic purchase orders.
- Sponsor annual surplus equipment auction in conjunction with Accounting.
- Prepare and process formal bids and proposals for goods and services over $50,000
- Participate in multi-jurisdictional purchasing cooperatives to obtain volume discount prices on goods and services
- Process quotes for goods and services that fall between $5,000-$50,000
- Develop policies that insure the integrity of county purchasing processes
- Maintain historical purchasing records in accordance with state rules
- Provide purchasing software training for County staff
- Provide information and education to vendors about how to do business with Larimer County